SPARK in partnership with Canberra Institute of Technology (RTO Code: 0101) are delivering an accredited training program focusing on skills development, work experience and potential employment within the community services sector.
The information session will provide individuals with advice on eligibility criteria, program content and the commitment that is required to be selected as a participant on this program.
This program will:
- Provide 4 accredited units of competency from the skills set Induction to Disability (CHCSS0081)
- Communicate and work in health and community (CHCCOM005)
- Provide Individualized support (CHCCS015)
- Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability (CHCDIS007)
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care (HLTWHS002)
- Provide 1 accredited unit of competency from the Certificate III in Individual Support (Aging) qualification (CHC33015)
- Facilitate the empowerment of the older person (CHCAGE005)
- Provide 2, 20-hour industry work placements within the disability and aged care sector;
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID003), Working With Vulnerable People Cards and Australian Police Checks
Commencing Monday 12th August 2019, this 13-week program,
will run 4 days per week (Tues–Fri, 24 hours per week) and be a combination of practical hands-on learning, theory, and industry work experience placements.
Those interested must attend an information session on Wednesday 31st July 2019 10.30am – 12.30pm, Uniting Care Kippax (Corner of Luke Street & Hardwick Crescent Holt, ACT, 2615).
It is mandatory that all individuals seeking to be on the program attend this session.
This is a two-part session broken into:
- An information presentation followed by;
- A selection session for eligible individuals.
To book a place and check your eligibility, please contact Ashleigh at Ginninderry on 1800 316 900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Enrolment Session: Community Services Taster Program
Hardwick Cres & Luke St, Holt ACT 2615, Australia