1. Background + purpose
This policy sets out how Riverview Projects (ACT) Pty Limited ACN 165 870 539 and/or Riverview Sales and Marketing Pty Ltd ACN 605 266 402, their related companies and managed syndicates and trusts (“Riverview”, “we”, “our”, “us”) collects, uses, discloses and manages your personal information and how Riverview complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act. If you have any queries or complaints regarding your personal information, please email email@example.com.
2. What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information collected by Riverview depends on the particular services you use or request. Riverview may collect the information in its capacity as Development Manager and/or Sales and Marketing Manager of the Ginninderry West Belconnen Joint Venture. We may collect information such as:
- Your name, date of birth, gender;
- Contact details including your physical address, email address and telephone number;
- Bank account and credit card details;
- Information to verify your identity;
- Information relating to your income and credit-worthiness;
- Your employment history, including your references, if you apply for a job with us;
- Information about our current and previous suppliers;
- Details of products and services that we have supplied to you, or you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to information about you and your family and any characteristics, preferences or requirements that are relevant to the products and services that we may provide to you;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through the use of our websites or online presence or otherwise. That information may include:
- Information regarding what web pages you access;
- Information you provide to us through our representatives or customer surveys from time to time; and
- If you purchase with us, information relating to you and your investment.
Generally, we will not collect your sensitive information. We will only collect your sensitive information where you have consented to us doing so and it is reasonably necessary for one or more of our activities or functions, or where required or permitted by law.
Where practical, you may choose not to identify yourself and deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. However, if you do not provide Riverview with the required personal information we request, we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service or allow you to participate in promotion activities.
3. How does Riverview collect your personal information?
We will generally only collect information from you, except as otherwise noted below. Riverview may collect your personal information using a variety of methods, including:
- Through your access and use of our website;
- Through your participation in community information sessions, surveys, questionnaires, competitions and promotions run by or on behalf of Riverview;
- During conversations between you and our representatives, including sales representatives;
- When you make an enquiry;
- When you provide products or services to us; and
- When you acquire a property/land from one of our developments.
The information collected will generally be used to complete either a written or online form. We may also collect your personal information from third parties including from our related companies and parties, third party companies such as credit reporting agencies and government entities and previous employers for reference checks where you are seeking employment with us.
If we receive personal information about you that we have not requested, and we determine that we could not have lawfully collected that information under the Privacy Act had we asked for it, we will destroy or de-identify the information if it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
4. For what purposes does Riverview handle your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to provide you with an appropriate product or service. Other purposes for handling your personal information include:
- To prepare sales contracts for property/land and liaise with third parties for assistance;
- To maintain our database of stakeholders, community and prospective purchasers;
- To process payments for our products and services;
- To facilitate distribution of important information that we may wish to communicate;
- To facilitate employment of staff, including recruiting and providing services to employees;
- To improve the products and services that we provide;
- To send marketing communications to you, including by way of email, phone call or short message service (SMS) communication, to inform you of updates or new developments that might be of interest to you;
- To send you marketing communications to inform you of new investment opportunities; and
- To otherwise run our business, including performing general management and administration functions.
If we have collected your sensitive information, we will only use or disclose it for the purposes for which it was collected, with your consent or as required or permitted by law.
If at any time you would like to opt-out of receiving our marketing communications, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or select UNSUBSCRIBE from our emails.
5. To whom does Riverview disclose your personal information?
Riverview may use or disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, i.e. to provide you with an appropriate product or service. Riverview may also use your personal information for a secondary related purpose where permitted under the Privacy Act. Entities to which Riverview may disclose your personal information include:
- Entities within the broader Riverview group, our related bodies corporate and our representatives, contractors or agents in order to provide you with requested products or services;
- Law firms, conveyancing firms, the Suburban Land Agency and Riverview Developments (ACT) Pty Limited ACN 165 870 557 where they assist in providing you with requested products or services;
- Our professional advisers, auditors and insurers;
- Regulatory and governmental authorities, including the ATO or as otherwise required to fulfil legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Other entities as required or permitted by law.
6. Overseas recipients
Riverview does not engage with any overseas entities or persons where your personal information will be transferred, stored or disclosed overseas. If we wish to transfer your personal information overseas, we will ask for your consent before we do so.
7. Government related identifiers
We do not adopt, use or disclose government related identifiers except as required or permitted by law.
Yes. A cookie is a simple text file stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser and contains anonymous information such as a unique identifier, the site name, and other non-personal information. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences but can also enable companies to target their advertising or marketing messages based, for example, on your location and/or web browsing habits.
Cookies do not, by themselves, contain information that personally identifies you (such as your name, address, or email address). However, cookies can be used to identify that you have provided such information via an online form, which can be associated with a company contact record.
9. How does Riverview protect personal information?
Personal information is mainly held in secure electronic databases, paper-based files and other records. We use a range of physical and electronic processes in seeking to ensure the security of personal information that we hold, including restriction of access, use of passwords, physical security over premises, secure destruction of physical documents and secure servers, firewalls and virus protection for electronic data. Our staff, contractors and others to whom we choose to disclose personal information are required to maintain confidentiality over personal information we hold.
10. How can individuals access and correct their personal information?
You have the right to obtain a copy of any personal information which we hold about you and to advise us of any inaccuracy. There may be some exceptions to this, but we will let you know at the time. To make a request to access or correct information we hold about you, please email email@example.com. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested. If we refuse your request to obtain any of your personal information or to make a correction (for example, because we consider that the information is already accurate, up-to-date and complete), we will let you know our reasons for doing so in writing.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information you have provided to us is accurate, complete and up-to-date, including updating information when you provide it to us. However, we rely on you to advise us of any changes or corrections to the information we hold about you.
11. How can individuals make a complaint?
If you believe that Riverview has interfered with your privacy or breached the Privacy Act, please communicate your complaint in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. When Riverview receives your complaint, it will seek to respond promptly to your complaint. If you are not satisfied with the response, we encourage you to contact the Privacy Officer, who will advise you about further options, including, if appropriate, contacting the Privacy Commissioner (Office of the Australian Information Commissioner).
12. Contact details
All correspondence and privacy-related queries and concerns should be directed to: email@example.com or
PO Box 484, Kippax ACT 2615