1. Background + purpose
2. What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information collected by Riverview depends on the particular services you use, or request. RIverview may collect the information in its capacity as project manager or developer of the Riverview. We may collect information such as:
- Your name, date of birth, gender;
- Contact details including your, physical address, email address and telephone number;
- Bank account and credit card details;
- Information to verify your identity;
- Information relating to your income and credit-worthiness;
- Your employment history, if you apply for a job with us;
- Details of products and services that we have supplied to you, or you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to Information about you and your family and any characteristics, preferences or requirements that are relevant to the products and services that we may provide to you;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence or otherwise. That information may include
- Information regarding what web pages you access;
- Information you provide to us through our representatives or customer surveys from time to time; and
- If you purchase with us, information relating to you and your investment.
Where practical, you may choose not to identify yourself and deal with us anonymously. However, if you do not provide Riverview with the required personal information we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service or allow you to participate in promotion activities.
3. How does Riverview collect your personal information?
Riverview may collect your personal information using a variety of methods, including:
- Through your access and use of our corporate or development websites;
- Through your participation in community information sessions, surveys, questionnaires, competitions and promotions run by or on behalf of Riverview;
- During conversations between you and our representatives, including sales representatives;
- When you make an enquiry;
- When you acquire a property/ land from one of our developments.
The information collected will generally be used to complete either a written or online form. We may also collect personal information from third parties including from our related companies and parties, third party companies such as credit reporting agencies and government entities.
4. For what purposes does Riverview handle your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information to provide you with an appropriate product or service. Other purposes for handling your personal information include:
- To maintain our database of stakeholders, community and prospective purchasers;
- To facilitate distribution of important information that we may wish to communicate;
- To send marketing communications to you, including by way of email, phone call or short message service (SMS) communication, to inform you of updates or new developments that might be of interest to you;
- To send you marketing communications to inform you of new investment opportunities; and
- To otherwise run our business.
If at any time you would like to opt out of receiving our marketing communications, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or select UNSUBSCRIBE from our emails.
5. To whom does Riverview disclose your personal information?
Riverview may use or disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, i.e. to provide you with an appropriate product or service. Riverview may also use your personal information for a secondary related purpose where permitted under the Privacy Act. Entities to which Riverview may disclose your personal information include:
- Entities within the broader Riverview or our representatives, contractors or agents;
- for example during the marketing phase of a new land release or similar product;
- Our professional advisers, auditors and insurers; and
- Regulatory authorities including the ATO or as otherwise required to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements.
Yes. A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser, and contains anonymous information such as a unique identifier, the site name, and other non-personal information. It allows a website to remember things like your preferences, but can also be used to enable companies to target their advertising or marketing messages based for example, on your location and/or web browsing habits.
Cookies do not, by themselves, contain information that personally identifies you (such as your name, address, or email address). However, cookies can be used to identify that you have provided such information via an online form, and this can be associated with a company contact record.
7. How does Riverview protect personal information?
Personal information is mainly held in secure electronic databases, paper based files and other records. We use a range of physical and electronic processes in seeking to ensure the security of personal information that we hold. Our staff, contractors and others to whom we choose to disclose personal information are required to maintain confidentiality over personal information we hold.
8. How can indidivuals access and correct their personal information?
You have the right to obtain a copy of any personal information, which we hold about you and to advise us of any inaccuracy. There may be some exceptions to this, but we will let you know at the time. To make a request to access or correct information we hold about you, please email email@example.com. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested. If we refuse your request to obtain any of your personal information or to make a correction, we will let you know our reasons for doing so in writing.
9. How can individuals access and correct their personal information?
If you believe that Riverview has interfered with your privacy, or breached the Privacy Act, please communicate your complaint in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org When Riverview receives your complaint, it will seek to respond promptly to your complaint. If you are not satisfied with the response we encourage you to contact the Privacy Officer who will advise you about further options, including, if appropriate, contacting the Privacy Commissioner (Office of the Australian Information Commissioner).
10. Contact details
All correspondence and privacy related queries and concerns should be directed to: email@example.com or
PO Box 3908, Manuka ACT 2603