What does sustainability mean at Ginninderry?
Sustainability is not a single idea. It can mean many different things to different people. At Ginninderry, sustainability is conidered through the planning, design and construction phases of the development to help create a community and ecosystem that thrives. Ginninderry prides itself on a triple-bottom-line approach to sustainability – where social, economic, and environmental impacts are considered within the decision making process. The size and scale of Ginninderry allows us to trial, test and research various best practice technologies and initiatives over time.
At Ginninderry we aim to:
- be sustainable over time – socially, economically and ecologically
- respond to and be part of the local environment
- provide a testing ground for innovative industries, products and people
- be cost effective, replicable and measurable
- act as a new model that others can follow.