What does sustainability mean at Ginninderry?
Sustainability is not a single idea. It’s a combination of initiatives throughout the planning, design and construction of the development. This is a place where people want to live. Given the size, location and long development timeframe of the project, Ginninderry gives us a great opportunity to trial, test and research various technologies and initiatives.
At Ginninderry we aim to:
- be sustainable over time – socially, economically and ecologically
- respond to and be part of the local environment
- provide a testing ground for innovative industries, products and people
- be cost effective, replicable and measurable
- act as a new model that others can follow.