The Ginninderry CREATE Program provides a great opportunity for residents to find their inner artist.
At Ginninderry we recognise that arts and culture are at the heart of our community identity and participation in the arts is central to creating vibrant and connected communities. With our new community centre, the Link, situated in the Strathnairn Arts Association precinct, we have a unique opportunity to develop programs and workshops with the many artists who call Strathnairn home.
We also believe in ‘beautility’ which means that we search for ways to bring creativity into all that we do.
The CREATE Program is about working together to express our values, passions and beliefs, to learn together and discover friendships.
Some of the projects which are already underway in the CREATE Program include:
- The Landmark Sculpture project – soon to be unveiled, an iconic landmark which will commemorate the beginning of the Ginninderry project.
- The Link Door Panels – designed by a local artist to represent the beauty of the surrounding landscape.
- Ginninderry Local History Project – an oral history project celebrating those who lived at Ginninderry before us.
- Yurwang Bullarn – the Strong Women Aboriginal Women’s Art Group who are making beautiful fabrics and woven items for the Ginninderry Project
How can you be involved? Contact us about:
- Our Public Art Community Reference Group
- Ginninderry Art Fund
- Creative Industries Expo
- Arts Markets
- Live @ the Link
- Community arts projects
- Children’s Art Workshops
- Crafternoons at the Link — Arts and crafts activities at the Link on Sunday afternoons. Learn how to Make a macramé plant hanger
- The INSPIRE Program – workshops and talks by inspiring people
- With One Voice Ginninderry – a community choir which unites people of all ages, from all faiths and all walks of life. This program is now up and running, with choir participants meeting every Tuesday. No prior experience is needed, no auditions, everyone can sing! Change your Brain – start singing now! We have a fabulous conductor leading the choir – Read more about Mathew Arnaudon here.
For more information about the CREATE Program contact Susan Davis, Ginninderry Community and Cultural Planning Manager, on 0457 333 008, or via email – email@example.com.