The Suburban Land Agency (SLA) is an ACT Government agency within the Environment, Planning and Sustainable Development Directorate.
The Suburban Land Agency will deliver new suburban residential estates and urban renewal, other than in an urban renewal precinct:
- that encourage and promote inclusive communities through the delivery of people-focussed neighbourhoods;
- that supports affordable living, a safe and healthy population, social inclusion and housing choice; and
- that reflects environmental sustainability and the growth and diversification of the Territory’s economy.
The Suburban Land Agency will be responsible for selling and acquiring land on behalf of the ACT Government.
The SLA strives to be an organisation of excellence that:
- recognises it is a key instrument for the delivery of ACT Government policies
- acts commercially
- promotes and rewards innovation
- is adaptable
- behaves ethically and professionally in all that it does
- appropriately values its people and its customers.
The SLA will contribute positively to the economic and social development of the ACT by building vibrant and sustainable communities through greenfield and urban renewal projects for the development of residential, commercial, industrial, community and non-urban land.
The SLA is committed to the core values of professionalism, honesty, integrity, innovation and cooperation, and pursues these values in all its business dealings.