- This event has passed.
Sustainable House Day provides you with an opportunity to explore some of Australia’s most unique and inspiring buildings, including The Link – Ginninderry’s community and information centre.
On Wednesday 6 October, Sustainability Manager Jessica Stewart will host a virtual tour of The Link – exploring materials and methodologies used to ensure it upheld our vision of being a sustainable community of international significance.
The Link’s key features include:
- 30kW solar array
- Battery and Reposit system – to store, manage and monitor energy use
- Passive solar design principles
- Double glazing
- Recycled timber and brick
- Recycled content concrete for thermal mass
- Allocated frog restoration areas
- Native bee hotel
- Local food production areas including Invertigro – an indoor vertical garden
- Educational material to highlight benefits of building and living within a sustainable community
This will be an interactive session with a Q&A at the conclusion of the tour.
Bookings are essential – click here.