- This event has passed.
SPARK Ginninderry and Canberra Institute of Technology proudly support training and employment initiatives for local people.
SPARK in partnership with the Canberra Institute of Technology (RTO code:0101) and Programmed are delivering an innovative accredited training program focused on skills development, work experience and an introduction to a variety of Construction skill sets.
Specifically targeting people 17 years and over and living within the Australian Capital Territory.
On successful completion this program will provide participants with the following units of competency and non-accredited training in the construction sector:
· CPCCOHS2001 – Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
· CPCCCM1015 – Carry out measurements and calculations
· CPCCCA2001 – Handle carpentry materials
· CPCCCM2004 – Handle construction materials
· CPCCJN2001 – Assemble components
· CPCCWF2001 – Handle wall and floor tiling materials
· CPCCPD2011 – Handle painting and decorating materials
· CPCCBC2002 – Use brick and block laying tools and equipment
· 11084NAT- Asbestos Awareness
· CPCWHS1001 – Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry – White Card
· Industry work experience placements on offer with Programmed and potential employment pathway opportunities.
Commencing Monday 6 March 2023, this 8 – 10 week program will run 4 days per week (Mon – Thurs, 28 hours per week) and be a combination of theory, practical hands-on learning and industry work placement. All training will be delivered on site at a live training site in Holt, ACT.
To book your place, check your eligibility, and find out more contact Shayla at Ginninderry on 1800 316 900 or
- February 21
11:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Uniting Care Kippax
Corner of Luke Street and Hardwick Crescent
Holt, ACT 2615 Australia
+ Google Map