GX is a new way of experiencing a new way of living. More than a display village, here you’ll find 16 cutting-edge display homes, explore sustainability and local art trails, learn from a range of fascinating speakers and demonstrations and be amazed by Mini-G – our very own ‘tiny house’.
Don’t miss out on our huge opening weekend celebrations! The streets of GX will come alive with a packed weekend of entertainment, food and family fun.
Meet Scott Cam from The Block and Paul West from River Cottage Australia. Head to the main stage for performances from the Teeny Tiny Stevies and Junkyard Beats, blend your own smoothie on our blender bikes, hear from a fascinating range of speakers, check out our workshop program, go inside the Mini-G tiny house, fill up in our food truck corner and so much more.
- Scott Cam – award-winning host of “The Block”.
- Paul West – host of “River Cottage Australia” and “Gardening Australia”.
- Teeny Tiny Stevies – ARIA award nominated children’s entertainers from ABC for Kids.
- Junkyard Beats – high-energy routines that include body percussion, fire drumming, junk percussion, pyrotechnics and hilarious skits along with kids drumming and instrument workshops.
- Blender Bikes – pedal up your own smoothie on one of the Blender Bikes.
- Aisle6ix Industries live screen printing – a large interactive screen-printing station where visitors can select a design and watch as their very own tote bag is produced.
- Kids activities and giveaways.
- Food truck alley.
Due to extreme winds forecast for Saturday 26th October, we have made some changes to the GX opening weekend program.
All display homes will still open on Saturday as planned but all opening celebration events have been moved to Sunday.
Sunday 27 October:
- 10:00am-10:30am Cam Sullings Q&A with Paul West
- 10:30am-11:30am Teeny Tiny Stevies Performance
- 11:30am-11:45am Q&A with ACT for Bees
- 11:45am-12:15pm Q&A with Scott Cam
- 12:15pm-12:45pm Junkyard Beats Performance
- 12:45pm-1:00pm Q&A with Zero Waste Collective
- 1:00pm-1:30pm Play – The Dance Agency – Performance
- 1:30pm-2:00pm Q&A with Scott Cam
- 2:00pm-3:00pm Chad Croker Performance
- 3:15pm-3:30pm Cam Sullings – Interview with Harvey Norman Solar
- 3:30pm-4:00pm Stasi & Tali Performance
All Day (10:00am-4:00pm)
- Aisle6ix Industries Live Screen Printer @ Display Village entrance on Yeomans Street.
- Electric Troop Carrier ‘The Queen’ Display @ Bonthrone Street
- Blender Bikes Pop Up @ Yeomans Street
- Food Vendors Pop Up @ Yeomans Street/Cnr Folvig Close
- Reptile Zoo Pop Up @ Folvig Close
- Kids Activity @ Folvig Close (Craft, Face Painting, Mini Golf, Clay Play, Lawn Games, Stone Painting)
- ACT for Bees demonstrations @ Bonthrone Street
- 10:30am-11:30am Junkyard Beats Workshop – Make your own musical instrument @ Aubrey Lane
- 10:30am-11:30am Paul West – Book Signing/Meet and Greet @ The Deakin (PBS Building)
- 10:30am-11:00am ACT for Bees Talk @ Bonthrone Street (ACT for Bees Marquee)
- 11:45am-12:15pm Teeny Tiny Stevies Meet and Greet @ Mini-G
- 12:00pm-12:45pm Scott Cam – Meet and Greet @ Cullen (McDonald Jones Homes)
- 12:00pm-1:30pm Paul West – Garden Planting @ The Link sales and information centre
- 1:30pm-2:00pm Canberra Environment Centre – Gardening with Kids @ Mini-G
- 2:00pm-3:00pm Paul West – Cooking Demonstration @ The Onyx (Exhibit Design+Construction)
- 2:00pm-2:30pm Junkyard Beats Performance @ Roving
- 2:30pm-3:00pm Canberra Environment Centre – Composting and Worm Farming @ Mini-G
- 3:15pm-3:45pm Canberra Environment Centre – Breaking up with plastic @ Mini-G
Stay up to date with the GX App
GX Display Village - Huge Opening Weekend
The Link - Ginninderry Information Centre, Stockdill Drive, Holt ACT, Australia