- This event has passed.
The Ginninderry SPARK Training and Employment Initiative proudly supports training and employment opportunities for local people in the Capital Region.
SPARK in partnership with Canberra Institute of Technology (RTO Code: 0101) and ClubsACT, are delivering an innovative accredited training program focusing on skills development, work experience and employment within the licenced club industry.
This program has been designed specifically to provide individuals with all the tickets and entry level skills required to apply for jobs in the licenced club industry.
Targeting people living or working in the ACT, this program will provide participants with Nationally Accredited courses in:
- Statement of Attainment – Hospitality Compliance Skill Set (SITSS00052)
- Statement of Attainment – Introduction to Hospitality Service (extract from SIT30616)
- Statement of Attainment – Customer Service Skill Set (SITSS00036)
Units of Competency include:
- Provide responsible gambling services (SITHGAM001)
- Provide responsible service of alcohol (SITHFAB002)
- Use hygienic practices for food safety (SITXFSA001)
- Participate in safe food handling practices (SITXFSA002)
- Provide service to customers (SITXCCS006)
- Show social and cultural sensitivity (SITXCOM002)
- Prepare and serve espresso coffee (SITHFAB005)
- Process financial transactions (SITXFIN001)
Program partner, ClubsACT will provide work experience placements and real employment pathways for participants who meet the criteria.
Commencing Tuesday 15 March 2022, this 4 week program will run 4 days per week (Mon – Thurs, 22 hours per week) and be a combination of theory, practical hands on learning and sector work placement. All classes will be located at CIT Reid Campus. Eligibility criteria apply.
To be eligible for JobTrainer funding, you must at the time of enrolment be:
- Living or working in the ACT
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen; or
- Not enrolled in or attending secondary school or college
- Not have completed all of the units of competencies listed above
- Have an interest in the hospitality sector
An enrolment session will be held on Thursday 3 March 2022 at 11:00am at CIT Restaurant (Reid Campus), K Block, Level 1, 37 Constitution Avenue, Reid ACT. It is mandatory that all individuals seeking to be on the program attend the 11:00am session. This is a 2 part sessions broken into – An information presentation followed by a selection session for eligible participants.
To enrol or find out more information, please contact Shayla at SPARK on 1800 316 900 or email email@example.com