All things right about SignOnSite
Head contractor of Ginninderry’s multi-purpose community facility, The Link, and local construction company Manteena have thrown their support behind the technologically savvy construction site management platform, SignOnSite, demonstrating their commitment to ensuring the highest standards of construction site safety are maintained on the project at all times.
The application, which works across android and IOS, runs in the background of the user’s phone, signing them on or off on entering or leaving the construction site. For those without a smart phone or who do not wish to use the app, the SignOnSite kiosk (an iPad within the site office), can be used.
Features of the app enable owners to send out a series of alerts (via phone), to users who are signed-in, including a ‘daily briefing’ and ‘safety message’. Such functionality has been a valuable enabler in helping Manteena circulate important alerts to date, including that for the recent evacuation drill in which it dramatically reduced the total evacuation time. Additional benefits were also felt by management, who reported a more accurate and legible attendance register than has previously been recorded.
The use of SignOnSite benefits not only the users, as it reduces time taken to sign in, but helps Manteena realise greater efficiency through:
- A reduction on paper by removing the need for traditional sign-in registers;
- Improved accuracy of hours worked and attendees;
- Time saved signing on and off site;
- Decreased evacuation time with higher accountability;
- Accurate and audible record keeping of site attendance and evacuations;
- Real time visibility of site attendance;
- Real time access to site attendee contact information; and
- Scalable communication of safety messaging through the Daily Briefing.
The system provides a very transparent platform on the type of safety messaging that is happening on a daily basis. The ability to inform the Contractor of updated information and then the information to be immediately communicated to site staff, is a key advantage over traditional methods.