We would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land and waterways on which we work; the Ngunnawal people, and pay our respects to their Elders past and present.
The Ginninderry Conservation Trust is a not for profit non-government organisation that has been established to protect and manage the cultural and natural values of the Ginninderry Conservation Corridor. The Trust aims to do this through a variety of approaches, including community engagement, on-ground works, asset management and maintenance, ecological monitoring and partnership development.
The Corridor includes very significant cultural and natural assets, and will also become an important recreational space for the Belconnen community.
A Plan of Management for the Corridor was approved by the ACT Minister for the Environment in 2019 – a copy can be found here.
The recently-established Trust is seeking to employ an Aboriginal person to support the implementation of a variety of programs in the Corridor.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Project Officer will primarily be responsible for:
- Development and implementation of projects to protect Aboriginal heritage assets in the Corridor (in consultation with the Ginninderry Aboriginal Advisory Group)
- On-ground implementation of rehabilitation projects for the enhancement of Box Gum Woodland and Pink Tail Worm Lizard Habitat
- Supporting wildlife translocations
- Undertaking ecological monitoring for key natural assets and threats, including Pink Tail Worm Lizard, and weed and feral animal populations
- Data recording and input related to the implementation of programs
- Following safe-work-method practices for all workplace activities
This is an entry-level position, and tertiary qualifications are not a pre-requisite for the role. The Trust anticipates investing in the training and capability development of the right person who wants to support the implementation of our programs and help grow with the organisation.
For a confidential conversation about the role, please call Angela Calliess on 0413 921 281.
A 2-page letter of application outlining your interest and any experience against the key responsibility areas with your CV appended is due via email email@example.com by close of business 1st May 2020.