Master Builder ACT together with SPARK and our partners are proud to launch this innovative training program to encourage more women to consider a carer in the civil construction industry. Civil construction is an exciting part of the sector with interesting roles across the planning, design, and creation of major infrastructure projects and this program will provide participants with specialized accredited training and employment pathways.
Please note, those individuals who wish to be considered for this program MUST successfully complete a functional capacity assessment (which includes drug and alcohol testing) before being offered a place on the program.
Specifically targeting women from the Capital Region, this program will:
- Provide participants with seven units of the Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations (RII30815)
- Provide participants with 10675NAT – Asbestos Awareness
- Provide participants with CPCCWHS1001 – Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry – White Card
- Provide a range of interesting workshops including resilience, mental health and wellbeing, time management, and more
- Provide a four-week work placement within the civil sector with one of our partner contractors
- Provide guaranteed jobs for successful program graduates
Commencing Tuesday 28 April 2020, this 10-week program will run five days per week and be a combination of theory, practical hands-on learning, and industry work placement.
The information session will provide individuals with advice on eligibility criteria, program content, and the commitment that is required to be selected as a participant on this program. It is mandatory that all individuals seeking to participate in this program attend this session.
This is a two-part session broken into:
- An information presentation followed by;
- A selection session for eligible individuals.
To book a place and check your eligibility, please contact Ashleigh at Ginninderry on 1800 316 900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SPARK Women in Civil Construction Info Session
Hardwick Cres Street & Luke Street, Holt ACT 2615, Australia