SPARK Ginninderry and Canberra Institute of Technology proudly support training and employment initiatives for local people.
SPARK in partnership with Canberra Institute of Technology (RTO Code: 0101) are delivering an accredited training program focusing on skills development, work experience and potential employment within the community services sector.
The information session will provide individuals with advice on eligibility criteria, program content and the commitment that is required to be selected as a participant on this program.
Please note, those individuals who wish to be considered for this program MUST have applied and be able to successfully obtain a national police check and a working with vulnerable people card before being offered a place on the program.
This program will:
- Provide 4 accredited units of competency from the skills set Induction to Disability (CHCSS0081)
- Communicate and work in health and community (CHCCOM005)
- Provide individualized support (CHCCS015)
- Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability (CHCDIS007)
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care (HLTWHS002)
- Provide 1 accredited unit of competency from the Certificate III in Individual Support (Aging) qualification (CHC33015)
- Facilitate the empowerment of the older person (CHCAGE005)
- Provide 2, 20-hour industry work placements within the disability and aged care sector.
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID003), Working with Vulnerable People Cards and Australian Police Checks
Commencing Tuesday 10th March 2020, this 14-week program will run 4 days per week (Tues-Fri, 24 hours per week) and be a combination of practical hands-on learning, theory and industry work experience placements.
It is mandatory that all individuals seeking to be on this program attend the information session on Tuesday 25th February.
This is a two-part session broken into:
- An information presentation followed by
- A selection session for eligible individuals
To book a place and check your eligibility contact Ashleigh at Ginninderry on 1800 316 900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SPARK Community Services Taster Program 2020 Info Session
CIT Tuggeranong, Anketell Street, Greenway ACT, Australia