The Ginninderry SPARK Training and Employment Initiative proudly supports training and employment opportunities for the local community.
SPARK in partnership with Zac’s Place, Yass Community Garden, TAFE NSW and the Southern Region Business Enterprise Centre are delivering another innovative accredited training program focusing on skills development, work experience and potential employment within the building and construction sector.
Targeting people living within the Yass Valley and NSW surrounding regions, this program will provide participants with:
• A Certificate II in Construction Pathways (CPC20211) upon completion
• A White Card ticket
• An Asbestos Awareness ticket
• Industry specific training at a live training site with projects to include – concreting, paving, painting, construction of retaining walls, timber form work, use of hand and power tools and landscaping
• Industry work placements for those participants that meet the selection criteria
• Potential employment pathway opportunities
This program will commence Tuesday 12th March 2019 and run three days a week (Tues – Thurs 26 hours per week) for 14 weeks. The program will be a combination of theory, practical hands on learning and industry work placement. Eligibility criteria apply.
To be eligible for Smart and Skilled funding, you must at the time of enrolment be:
• 17 years old or over (this age eligibility is set specific for this program)
• living or working in NSW
• an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
• Not enrolled in or attending secondary school or college
An enrolment session will be held on Tuesday 19th February at 10:30am at TAFE NSW Yass Campus, 51 Church Street, Yass.
It is mandatory that all individuals seeking to be on the program attend the 10:30am session to register for the program.
To register for the session OR find out more information, please contact Ashleigh at SPARK on 1800 316 900 or email email@example.com
for more information see the program flyer here: https://bit.ly/2S6b9iM