Initially, Ginninderry residents will shop at nearby centres, with The Link at Ginninderry there to top up supplies as necessary. For regular food and grocery shopping, Kippax is just a few minutes’ drive. Westfield Shopping Centre, with its department stores, specialty shops and range of entertainment offerings, is a 10-minute drive away in Belconnen Town Centre. New shops and other facilities will be added as more residents move in.
When completed, Ginninderry will have:
- a retail and commercial centre of similar size to Kippax
- spaces for informal meeting and gathering, such as cafes, restaurants and picnic areas
- indoor spaces for community activities, programs and services such as community halls
- medical services such as GP’s and related core health services
- childcare and some family support services
- pre-schools and a number of primary and high schools
- local leisure and entertainment facilities, such as restaurants
- places of worship
- sporting and recreation facilities
- larger areas of open space for active and passive recreation.